Wednesday, August 31, 2016

God Knows Me

O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.

Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Psalm 139:1-5 (KJV)


Scripture memorization is a wonderful way to absorb God's Word into your mind and heart. I have been so blessed the past few weeks as I have been working on memorizing and meditating on Psalm 139.

God Knows Me

It's one thing to know about God: to have Bible knowledge or to believe He exists.

It's another matter to know God: to have a relationship with Him.

Anyone can pick up a Bible or hear a sermon and know about God, and through salvation by grace through faith in Jesus anyone can come to actually know Him.

But to realize that God knows ME?

That, my friend, is nothing short of amazing.

Or as David goes on to put it in verse 6:

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

The very thought that the God Who created the universe by His Words and holds it all in place, the God Who designed all the intricate wonders of nature and gives the very breath of life: that same God takes the time to know me in the deepest possible way.

Jesus Himself tells is in Matthew 10:30 that God has the very hairs of our heads all numbered!

Imagine!

Think about your best friend, your spouse, or your children.

You care about these people in your life. You take the time to know them very well.

Because you love them you probably have made an effort to know all their likes and dislikes, to understand their unique personalities, and to know some intimate details about them.

But do you take the time to count the hairs on their heads??

No, of course you don't! You couldn't if you tried. Only God can truly do this...and He does.

And amazingly though He knows me at the most intimate level, the deepest part of my heart that no one else can see; though He knows all the faults and failures that I may able to keep hidden from others; though my sin sent His Son to the cross...

He still loves me.

And in spite of all that He knows, He still seeks to have a deep, loving relationship with me.

Wow!



Dear Lord,

What a comfort and blessing it is to know that You know. You know everything about me: the good, the bad, and the ugly. You know my thoughts and my intentions. You know my talents, and You know exactly where I am weak. You created my body fearfully and wonderfully, and You take good care of what you have made. And somehow, despite knowing how desperately human I am, You still choose over and over to love me anyway. You still gave the very Best You had so that I could come to know You in return. May I never take this beautiful relationship we have for granted. Amen


Please join me here regularly for devotions, Scripture, and practical encouragement as you seek to live out your own new song of praise!

God bless!


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner
















Search:








Christianbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment